Proudly Helping Clients Protect Their Legacies
Our lawyers at Agins Law Firm, PLC/Sun Lake Estate Planning Advisors, are committed to providing clients across Chandler and the surrounding areas with comprehensive legal services that can address all of their complicated estate planning needs. Our compassionate legal professionals believe that each of our clients deserve 100% dedication and personalized services that can be customized for their unique situations. Reach out to us today if you would like to have a relaxed conversation about what you are looking from of an estate plan and what we can do to help protect your wealth and legacy.
What Do I Need to Include in My Estate Plan?
A comprehensive estate plan includes the following legal documents:
- Last Will and Testament: Your Last Will and Testament specifies how your assets should be divided and also covers other important matters that need to be handled after you pass away. However, because a Will must pass through the probate process, there are times when a Trust will be more beneficial. We can explain what you need for your particular estate plan.
- Revocable Living Trust: The difference between a Will and a Trust is that the Will becomes effective only after you die, whereas you retain complete control over the assets of a Trust while you are alive. You have the ability to make changes or terminate the Trust during your lifetime. A Trust also allows you to circumvent the probate process, which is often costly, needlessly public, and time-consuming.
- Financial Power of Attorney: A Durable Financial Power of Attorney allows you to designate someone you trust to make financial decisions for you in the event that you are not able to make them yourself because of mental or physical incapacity. Contact our seasoned estate planning attorneys if you would like us to prepare a Durable Financial Power of Attorney for you when we prepare your Will or Revocable Living Trust.
- Health Care Power of Attorney: With a Health Care Power of Attorney, you designate someone to speak on your behalf if you are unable to do so. Your agent has the authority to make all healthcare decisions for you (unless you impose specific limitations), including decisions that might not have been anticipated at the time your Advanced Healthcare Directive was drafted.
- Advance Healthcare Directive: Also known as a Living Will, an Advanced Healthcare Directive specifies your wishes concerning the use of various life-prolonging measures and the use - or non-use - of certain interventions in the event that you are unable to express them to your health care providers yourself.
- Mental Health Care Power of Attorney: This type of Power of Attorney is used to name the person you want to make decisions concerning your future mental health treatment if you should become unable to do so. You can choose one or more people to make these decisions. You can also name an alternate agent in the event that the people you designate are unwilling or unable to serve in that capacity either temporarily or permanently.
- Beneficiary Deed: By signing and recording an Arizona Beneficiary Deed, the owner of property located in the state can have their interest in the property conveyed to the named beneficiary at the time of the property owner’s death. Consult with us today to learn about the advantages to including an Arizona Beneficiary Deed in your estate plan.
Medicare & Medicaid Planning for Seniors
Careful advance planning is needed to ensure that your assets aren't totally depleted by the cost of long-term nursing home or assisted living facility care. One of the greatest fears expressed by people approaching senior status is that they will not be able to afford the level of care they desire if they become unable to live independently. That is why Agins Law Firm, PLC/Sun Lake Estate Planning Advisors offers a wide range legal services to assist senior clients with Medicare and Medicaid planning.
Medicare is a government program that provides healthcare coverage to individuals aged 65 and over. The choices of plans and coverage are bewildering, and seniors often need assistance deciding which plans and what levels of coverage make the most sense for them.
Our Medicare attorneys proudly help our clients, and their families navigate these difficult choices to ensure that they are adequately covered and protected. Contact us now for help with Medicare planning to ensure that your coverage meets your needs.
Our team at Agins Law Firm, PLC/Sun Lake Estate Planning Advisors understands the anxiety that you might feel when you first begin to set up an estate plan. We make it our priority to do everything we can to help you feel more comfortable throughout each phase of the estate planning process. Our estate planning lawyers strive to make the legal process as straightforward and understandable as possible to ensure that your estate plan is property tailored to your needs. Contact us today so we can sit down with you, listen to your pressing concerns, and build a solid and enforceable plan.
How we do itAgins Law Firm is a local firm focused on the needs of our neighbors. We are committed to helping you realize your goals in caring for seniors and special-needs family members, protecting your assets and conveying them to future generations, taking advantage of various business opportunities and coping with financial problems involving debt relief and filing for bankruptcy.
What we doWe have chosen to focus our practice in the specific areas of estate planning/elder law, business law and bankruptcy/debt relief. We are a full-service firm that is equipped and eager to help our neighbors throughout the East Valley with comprehensive business and personal legal services.
Who We areWe have dedicated ourselves to gaining substantial expertise in our chosen practice areas and concentrating our efforts in those areas to provide you with current, focused and prudent legal counsel.